Today in clinic was super fun. We worked on Oral Hygiene Instruction. So...in order to do that we got to use disclosing solution on our "patient." Then we figured out their Plaque Free Index Score. My score for plaque free areas was A LOT lower than I thought it would be. (A low score is not good). I blame the fact that I didn't floss last night and the fact that I didn't get to brush my teeth after lunch. Oh well, it was interesting to see. The disclosing solution turns your mouth a dark bluish/purple and then turns pink where there is plaque. I want to figure out what I could be for Halloween and use the disclosing solution to turn my mouth blue. I wanted a picture of it but I forgot to take my camera to clinic today.
After we figured out the PFI Score we taught them how to brush properly to remove the plaque that they miss. I was surprised at how long it really takes to fully remove plaque from your entire mouth. An eye opener to me. I will be brushing my teeth better and longer from now on. After brushing we taught our patient how to floss and remove any remaining plaque that way. Then...we switched. Pretty exciting. :)
In radiology lab this morning we had 45 minutes to take a full mouth series of x-rays. I finished in 30 minutes. Not all my x-rays were perfect but they were pretty good. I keep getting stuck with Dexter #2 and his mouth is no bueno. He has a lot of cool diagnosable things in his mouth but to get good x-rays on him in some areas seems almost impossible. Next time I call another Dexter!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment