Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Restorations

     Today in clinic we went over how to label restorations and caries.  With my patient in the chair I looked at all her teeth for any restorations she had.  She only had a few sealants which is good for her but I didn't get the opportunity to chart a lot.  Thats ok...the day will come.  That was pretty easy-peesy so I had about 45 minutes just to practice.  I was so grateful for that time.  I practiced scaling anterior and posterior teeth and I feel a lot more comfortable with it now.  I almost got all of my patient's mouth clean.  She did have some tartar on the lower lingual anterior so I had practice removing that.  So much fun to see it all come off. 
     The past few days I have been really wondering if I am going into the right profession.  I was so frustrated because I've wanted to be a hygienist since I was five and now that I am in the program I was starting to wonder.  After practicing this morning it was reconfirmed to me that this is what I should do and I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment