Monday, November 15, 2010

Whitnee the Hygienist!

     Today I was able to be the hygienist all afternoon.  It was so much fun.  Madi was an excellent patient.  I was kind of nervous and had a little bit of anxiety because I had to remember everything that we have learned all semester but it wasn't as hard to remember everything as I thought it would be.  I was super nervous for probing but it was so much fun.  I think that was my favorite part of the appointment.  I could totally feel the bottom of the pocket and I didn't even hurt Madi.  I even had time to scale one quadrant.  The scaling was a little rough today, it just felt like I wasn't quite doing it right but I didn't leave any deposit...of course Madi didn't really have any calculus in the first place. But I did it. I can't wait till I can scale a mouth with lots and lots of calculus. 
     Wednesday I get to be the hygienist again and finish all the scaling and polishing.  Then next Monday will be my first official non-classmate patient.  David is so excited.  :)  I just can't get over how much fun I had today.  I have made the right decision on my career.  I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment