Tuesday, October 11, 2011

First Mockboard Was a Success!

     Today was my first mockboard day of my senior year.  I PASSED!!!  My score was 91.25%.  I really wasn't too stressed out about it.  The only part I was really worried about was if my patient would show up and be on time.  Once I saw that she was at the clinic I calmed down quite a bit. 
     My patient was a trooper.  She didn't have local anesthesia so I was kind of worried that she would be uncomfortable and hurt but she slept through most of my scaling time.  I could tell by the end of the appointment that she was done and was starting to hurt.  I feel kind of bad for the mockboard and board patients because they get moved back and forth from different chairs and have multiple people poke around in her mouth.  I'm just glad that she put up with it all.
     I'm so grateful that the instructors at Weber State give us the opportunity to practice the whole process and procedures of the clinical board exam.  I wouldn't want to show up to take that exam and not know what to do, when to do it, and what papers to turn in when.  Thanks instructors for all the time and effort you put in to making us great!     

2 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB TODAY!! I feel the same about the mockboard/board patients. They kind of get used and abused and I'm thankful for their kindness and patience. I too am grateful for the instructors allowing us to have this experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you had a good mockboard! Thanks for keeping up with your posts. Great wedding pic by the way!

    ReplyDelete