Today was crazy! The wind was blowing so hard. I got to clinic this morning and decided it would probably be safest to park inbetween two cars. Not so much. When I opened my door the wind pushed it into the car that I was parked next to. It left a good size dent in the passenger door of the other car. Sorry Jamie! What a way to start a day. Only 6 patients showed up to clinic this morning so the rest of us watched all the destruction going on out in the parking lot. There were pieces of metal being blown off of the buildings, big pieces of tar paper blowing around and lots of dirt. 4 people were injured in the A6 parking lot and had to be taken to the hospital. There was a small truck parked in the parking lot that a had flat cover over the bed of his truck. The wind had broke the latch on it and eventually broke the whole cover off. We couldn't see what cars it hit and the damage that it caused but I'm sure it wasn't good.
After being parked in the parking lot for 4-5 hours this is what most of my car looks like. All the tar blowing off the buildings left all this residue. I really hope it will all wash off. Finally at 10:30 this morning WSU finally decided to cancel classes. I don't think I have ever seen the wind this bad and hope I never do again. The highest gust of wind recorded today was in Centerville at 102 mph!!!
Lucky that you only had to be CA for half a day ;) It was fun to see you in clinic today. Looking forward to next semester!!!
ReplyDeleteWhit, this is so sad!!! I want an update on the status of your car when I hopefully see you today! I'm glad you weren't hurt though!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat wind was insane! It was like watching a movie! I'm sorry about your car! I was so surprised that mine did not have tar on it! Have a great Christmas Break Whit!!
ReplyDelete