Wednesday, February 9, 2011
My First No Show Patient
Today I had my first no show patient. I was kind of worried that this would happen today because I wasn't able to get a hold of my patient yesterday to remind her. I did leave a message and hoped that would be good enough but apparently not. When she was 10 minutes late I called her and when I told her who I was I could tell that she really did forget about her appointment today. She did reschedule for later in the month at least. Then the frantic search began for another patient for the day. I called my husband hoping he could get one of his co-workers to come in for me but a guy from corporate was in the shop today and no one could take any time off. My next option was my patient I had scheduled to come in next Monday. I knew he lived close and hoped he would be willing to come in ASAP. When I told him what had happened this morning and that I could get him in and finish the other half of his mouth today he agreed. THANK YOU! He was able to get to the clinic in about 25 minutes and I got to work. I was able to finish cleaning his teeth and pass off my universal instrumentation PE. It feels good that I was able to finish 2 patients this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whitnee, that is like the perfect scenario for a no show patient. Good work!
ReplyDelete