Today was a waste of my valuable clinic time. I don't have too many clinic days left to complete all of the requirments I need to have and today I sat around for about 1 1/2 hours. NOT GOOD! When my patient got to the clinic this afternoon she said she needed to leave in an hour to take her aunt to the doctor. It's hard to get anything done in an hour time in clinic, especially when she has 5 different medications that I have to look up and write in the chart. After I finished going through her health history I took her to get x-rays. She had some crazy malpositioned teeth and it was difficult to get open contacts. I thought that I had done pretty good but when I took the printed x-rays to my instructor she said that I should have taken vertical BWX instead of horizontal BWX because of all the bone loss she had. I was able to count 2 of the PAs that I took but the rest of the x-rays was a waste of my time. I knew I should have taken vertical BWX but I second guessed myself. Oh well, she is rescheduled in a couple weeks and hopefully I will be able to get a lot more done.
On a happier note-HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
I was told to take vertical btw's too but you do what you can! Thanks for your help!
ReplyDelete