Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Crazy Day in Clinic

     Whoa, what a day!  This morning I was able to finish up my class 4 patient.  She ended up being 30 minutes late but I was able to clean 2 quads and do her tissue evaluation on the left side.  It feels great to have that requirement out of the way.  Now I just need to make sure I have everything entered into the computer correctly and turn the project in.  One step closer to graduation!
     This afternoon I had my board patient scheduled.  I was hoping to be able to clean at least one quad of his mouth today before boards but I ran out of time with everything else I had to do.  I did use the ultrasonic on a few areas and the calculus seemed to come off fairly easy.  I was able to have 2 more instructors check for calculus to make sure he would qualify.  I'm 95% positive that he will qualify.  I took the x-rays that I need on him and after all that it was time to check out.  It feels good to not have the stress of looking for a board patient anymore.  Now I just have the stress of hoping he really will show up for my exam and that the examiners will accept him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment