Once again my patient cancelled yesterday when I called him to confirm. This time I told him, "Sorry, my schedule is full for the rest of the semester. I will put you back on the list for someone else to call you." He seemed ok with that, I wasn't going to waste my time with him again. That was the second time he had cancelled with me, at least he didn't say he would be there and then not show up. After that I went through the panic and stress of finding another patient. Luckily it didn't take me too long.
Last week during spring break I went to lunch with the staff from my the dental office that I worked at for three years. While we were eating, one of the hygienists mentioned that she wanted me to clean her teeth in April. I thought that I would have time to fit her in but when I got home and looked at my planner I didn't have any openings in April. I was really bummed out because I wanted to see her. Well when my patient cancelled yesterday she was one of the first people I thought of to call. I left her a message telling her I had a cancellation and asked her to call me back and let me know if she could come in. About fifteen minutes later she called and was totally willing to come in and help me out. She even asked me what requirements I still needed to complete and was totally willing to let me do anything I needed. Thanks so much Emily!
I was able to get a lot done today. It was great to have a hygienist in the chair. She totally helped me out with everything and reassured me that I was doing great at instrumentation. While I was checking her gums she charted everything for me so that saved me a ton of time. When I took a pano on her she helped me wipe everything down and get the room set up and then wiped the room down when we were done while I was developing the pano. Too bad every patient can't help out like that. Today I was able to get 4 quads of a class 1B done, a pano, air powder polisher PE, and 2 sealants.
Thanks to Emily today I have now completed my requirements for panos and sealants. It feels great not to have to worry about those two things anymore!
YAY! My pt did the same to me this morning so i asked sweet heather mckay to come in. I loved how she practically did everything herself. She also helped me with probing and cleaning :) I LOVE other hygienists!!!
ReplyDelete