Wednesday, January 5, 2011

One Patient COMPLETE!!!

     Today David came back to the clinic for me to finish up his treatment.  He is a great sport and I am so greateful that he agreed to come back and let me play in his mouth again.  The appointmnet went pretty well overall.  I was able to get quite a bit done today especially since this is the first patient I have had the opportunity to scale and make sure everything was clean.  I was able to scale all of his mouth, place 3 sealants, and polish, floss, and flouride.  It was kind of stressful at the end but I finished! 
     One thing that I found that I need to work on is adaptation with my instrument.  I poked David several times but he was tough and encouraged me to keep going, no matter how frustrated I got.  Placing the sealants went a lot smoother than I thought they would, I didn't even have to redo any of them! 
     This weekend I am going to practice scaling on my typodont so I feel more comfortable and ready to see a new patient Monday.  I'm on my way to becoming a dental hygienist!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment