Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Extra Oral Exam and the Mirror

     Today I learned how to perform an extra oral exam.  It was quite fun and very enjoyable when I was the one being practiced on.  A mini face and neck massage.  Loved it!!!  I also was able to practice using the mirror and probe or explorer inside someone's mouth.  It's hard to use the mirror and try to direct a sharp pointy object to someone's tooth.  Thanks Tori for being such a great sport.  Sorry about the poking in the lips and gums.  For anyone reading this that will be a patient for me next semester I promise to be better at controling the sharp instruments by then.  Thats why the students get to practice on each other first!  :)
     After all this we were paired up with someone else in our clinic session that we have never worked on before and we went over everything starting with health history to the extra oral exam.  It was fun to put it all together and work through it all to that point.  MeChel, it was super fun to work with you for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment