Monday, September 13, 2010

Vital Signs and X-rays

     This morning in radiology lab we took more x-rays.  This time using paralelling and bisecting technique.  My x-rays today were much better than two weeks ago.  Today I told myself to just relax and not worry about it so much.  I think that helped alot.  Two weeks ago I was so worried about having good x-rays that I had really bad x-rays.  We took half of a full mouth series.  Thats 10 x-rays!  It's going to be crazy when I have to do a full mouth and take 20 x-rays, and when they are on a patient, they are double film packets.  That means I will develop 40 films and mount them all.  Whoa...talk about time consuming. 
     In clinic today we went over how to take vital signs; blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiratory rate.  Fun fun stuff.  I figured out how to turn my stethoscope on so I can actually hear my patient's heart beat below the antecubital space.  Last Wednesday I was really frustrated because I couldn't hear their heart beat, but as long as it is turned on it will work.  Who knew?  We also did more practicing in writing in patient's charts.  I feel better about that now. 
     I was also able to pass of the equipment maintenance PE and the patient positioning PE.  Clinic is getting more and more involved and I have to work to know the stuff.  I'm lovin it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment