Today has been a long day and I still have tons of things that I need to get done today. In radiology lab this morning the instructor talked to us about infection control and showed us everything that we need to barrier before we bring a patient into the room to take x-rays. I thought I was going to pass out. I don't know what was wrong but just standing there listening was killing me. Luckily the passing out feeling passed I felt fine and was able to complete the rest of the activities for lab. Those Dexter's have some messed up teeth. I can't get the contacts open in the premolar shots no matter how hard I try.
In clinic today we learned how to perform an intra-oral exam and what to look for and we also learned instrument grasp and fulcrums. Getting the right fulcrum and instrument grasp and positioning and keeping good posture all at the same time is challenging. I hope it starts coming more naturally soon! I was able to pass off the health history PE today as well. I'm glad that PE is done. Confusing! I hope I passed. I have 5 PEs that I need to get passed off now. Too many.
Now that clinic is over I have to go review the information for test 1 in dental hygiene class and take the test. I hope I do well. I feel pretty good about it. Then I get to go home and study for a test that I have in anatomy lab tomorrow morning. It's going to be a long night. I'm already ready to go to bed and it's only 4:30 in the afternoon. Wish me luck with everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment