So in the last week I have taken 5 tests! Last night I took the last one. I am proud to say I have gotten 92% and higher on all five of the tests! Wahoo!! It is so relieving to have them done. Now I have a week break before I have two more tests. Today after clinic I decided I needed a break from studying and I haven't done anything. It has been so nice.
This morning in clinic we actually got to perio probe on another student. Talk about nerve racking. Going into someone's mouth with a sharp, pointy object not knowing exactly what to do with it. When I was laying in the chair being the patient my partner did awesome. She didn't hurt me at all. When it was my turn to probe I kept hurting my patient. I felt so bad. Then Professor Costley came over and started looking at my probe and some of the other girl's probes and found out that the tips were not rounded like they are suppossed to be but instead they were flat. After clinic Professor Costley had us package our probes for sterilization and she said she would call the company and hopefully get those probes sent back and get ones with rounded ends. I hoep we can get other ones because I don't want to hurt all my patients with a flat ended probe.
I passed off the vital signs PE today. No sweat. It is so cool taking blood pressure. Not nearly as difficult as I always thought it would be. I was hoping to be able to pass off the extra-oral exam PE today but we didn't have time. The PEs that I need to pass off are stacking up. Hopefully soon we will have extra time during clinic so we can all get caught back up and not have so many PEs that need to be passed off.
Congrats Whitnee! That is awesome about your tests! Keep it up!
ReplyDelete